We are in search for route drivers. Experience within the waste hauling industry is preferred, but not required (front load, automated residential, or roll off). Drivers are responsible for providing the pick-up service of containers filled with waste or recyclable material. Driver will transport the material to a disposal, transfer, or recycle facility when trucks reach legal load capacity. Driver navigates high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots. Highly skilled backing maneuvers are essential to successfully perform this job.
· Competitive pay – base wage starting over $26/hour
· Union benefits through the Oregon Teamsters Union
· Employer funded union retirement plan
· Medical, dental, and vision insurance
· Paid time off after 1 year
· Must have at least 1 year of experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL
· Legally eligible to work in the United States.
· Successfully complete and pass pre-employment DOT drug screen and DOT physical.
· Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Driver's License with an air-brake endorsement.
· Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
· Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 30 pounds frequently.
· Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to 30 lbs.
· Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving.
· Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $26.14 - $30.72 per hour
Paid time off
Want to recycle more? Check out our Recycle+ program here!